In this section of the website abstracts of the Waters Upton parish registers and some supplementary information on baptisms, marriages and burials in the parish is provided. The abstracts are for the most part based on those published by the Shropshire Parish Registers Society (which can be viewed online at Mocavo, Archive.org and at Mel Lockie’s website). However I have started to augment these existing abstracts using copies of the parish registers themselves and (particularly in the case of marriages from 1837 onwards, the register for which is still in use) other sources.
By way of an introduction to the registers, I have also transcribed On the Parish Registers of Waters Upton. This article, written by the Reverend G H F Vane, was published in 1897 in Transactions of the Shropshire Archæological and Natural History Society (2nd Series, Volume IX, pages 21 to 33).
To supplement data from the Waters Upton parish registers I am adding details from other records, such as marriage allegations / bonds, and marriage records relating to Waters Upton residents who married outside their home parish.
● Baptisms at Waters Upton (currently 1700 to 1839)
● Marriage licence bonds and allegations (currently 1837 to 1880).
● Marriages at Waters Upton (currently 1700 to 1837, plus partial marriage data from 1837 to 1914)
● Marriages beyond Waters Upton (currently Shropshire only, from 1641 to 1900).
● Burials at Waters Upton (currently 1701 to 1816)